A simple stir fry with endless possibilities. Instead of beef, use chicken or pork. Add or subtract any vegetables you want!
- 1 lb. sirloin or rump steak, cut into strips
- 1 cup green and red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- rice, cooked (optional)
- Marinate beef in bowl with soy sauce for 30 minutes (if no time to marinate, no big deal).
- Heat oil in a wok (or large frying pan)
- Add beef (leaving excess soy sauce in bowl) to wok and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove beef and set aside, leaving oil and juices in wok.
- Add all vegetables and ginger to wok and fry for about 4 minutes. Then add beef and remaining soy sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve as is or over rice.