A lovely Italian dish especially for the caper fans out there. Serve over pasta or as is!
- 4 chicken breast cutlets 1/4″ thick (pound if necessary)
- olive or Canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock or white white or combination of both
- juice from 1/2 of lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. capers (or more to taste!)
- Pour enough flour to dredge chicken in a bowl. Mix in salt and pepper.
- Pour enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saucepan and heat. Place dredged chicken cutlets in oil and fry both sides until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and cover.
- Remove oil from pan. Put chicken stock/wine, lemon juice, capers, and garlic in pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Put chicken back in pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and cover. Add butter to sauce, turn up the heat, and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and stir until sauce thickens a little. Then let simmer for a few minutes until consistency is to your liking.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve as is or over pasta. Garnish with parsley.