Deep Fried Pickles! This southern deep fryer masterpiece is super simple and a real crowd pleaser! Comfort food alert!
- crunchy kosher dill pickles ( whole, spear, or sliced)
- ready made batter mix (or see beer batter recipe)
- beer (see instructions for exact measurement)
- deep fryer with vegetable oil.
- Preheat deep fryer to med/high heat setting.
- Slice pickles to desired shape and size. They should be bite sized.
- Prepare beer batter according to directions.
- Suggestion-double dip pickles in batter to fully coat the surface.
- Drop into hot oil for up to 5 minutes depending on fryer. Remove when deep golden color and crisp texture.
- Remove from oil and place on several paper towels to absorb grease.
- Serve hot!
Dipping sauce suggestion: Chili Aioli (see chili aioli recipe).