Make a delicious dozen in no time! Well, under an hour! Serves 3-4.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 5 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 small 4 oz. cans of mild diced green chiles
- 2 19 oz. cans of green enchilada sauce (try Las Palmas brand if available)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in pan on stove over medium heat.
- Toss one tortilla in at a time and fry for about 20 seconds on each side. Remove with tongs, and transfer to a plate covered with a few paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, fold cheese and strained chilies until evenly distributed.
- In a 7×11 baking dish, pour contents of one enchilada sauce.
- Add about 1/3 cup cheese mixture in each tortilla and roll tightly.
- Once all enchiladas are rolled pour remaining can of sauce on top and sprinkle leftover cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onion (if you wish).
*Mix in mushrooms, minced onion, peppers, or just about any veggie! You will add during cheese mixing step. Shredded leftover chicken works too!