Yummy in my tummy! Makes about 1 cup.
- 2 cups basil, with stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cups olive oil (the good stuff)
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts (or almonds, walnuts, use what you have)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- Use food processor.
- Add garlic to processor and pulse.
- Add basil and pulse.
- While processor is pulsing, slowly add olive oil and remaining ingredients until it reaches your desired texture.
- If you aren’t using the pesto immediately, top with a tbsp. of olive oil and store in air tight container.
*Serve with pasta of your choice, use as a dip for chunks of warm french bread, or as a sandwich or panini topper.