Buenos Dias! Fresh ceviche is a spectacular appetizer and so easy to make in advance! If you have leftover pico de gallo salsa, use here in place of tomatoes and onion. This recipe serves 4.
- 2 dozen medium raw and de-veined shrimp (good quality), cut in half
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1 small seeded chile pepper, minced OR 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of restaurant style tortilla chips
- 1 ripe, sliced avocado, optional for garnish
- Reminder to only use quality fresh raw de-veined shrimp. Rinse under cold running water.
- Now, add shrimp in glass or plastic dish.
- Squeeze juice over shrimp. Make sure to really squeeze that juice out. If it helps, microwave the whole lemons for 15-20 seconds before squeezing.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove from Fridge and add remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for an additional hour or 2.
- Ready to serve!
*Serve in martini glasses, garnish with extra limes or lemons if possible and have plenty of tortilla chips on hand.