Stuffed Peppers (de)Light
Here’s a simple and light version of stuffed peppers, Serves 2! Use what you have in the fridge!
- 10 oz fresh ground turkey or ground chicken (1/2 pack)
- 2 green peppers (or any mild variety)
- 1/4-1/2 chopped onion (any color, white, yellow, red)
- 2 cups or 1 small jar of marinara(or pasta sauce)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (or white cheese)
- 2 cups microwavable brown rice
- Brown the ground meat in a pan over medium high heat.
- Combine the chopped onion with browned meat and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Heat up the rice in the microwave (follow package instructions).
- Add sauce to onion and meat mixture and continue to simmer.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove stem of pepper like you would the top of a pumpkin and discard.
- Slice a straight line down one side of pepper to the botton to create more of a cup/open face pepper.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place peppers on sheet, and fill with rice, sauce mixture, then top with cheese.
- bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted/light gold.
- Serve with a knife and fork! Enjoy!