This lighter version of taquitos won’t break the caloric bank! Low cal taquito?! Que? Si! See * section for more options. Serves 4.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. chili powder (half) mixed with equal parts salt and pepper
- Spray medium sized pan with oil and heat over medium.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Brown and remove from heat.
- Microwave the stack of tortillas for about 40 seconds, until soft and moist.
- Brush remaining oil on each side of the warm tortilla.
- Fill with meat mixture and roll tightly.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet and stick a toothpick through the center to keep things in place during baking
- Bake in 400° F oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
*Guacamole or lite + spicy sour cream dipping sauce will do the trick!
* Don’t have turkey? Replace it with ground chicken or lean ground beef!
*Add veggie cheese or low fat jack to the meat mixture for a little extra flavor and gooey goodness!