Who says you can’t have mexican food for breakfast?! Simple 5 step recipe with loads of flavor and pizazz! Serves 2.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 cups tortilla chips (slightly broken)
- 1/4 cup chopped red or white onion
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro for garnish
- cooking oil spray (2-3 sprays)
- Heat non stick pan over medium with oil and add onion.
- Add egg whites and par-cook until slightly runny and add chips, salt and pepper.
- Cook an additional minute and add cheese and salsa.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with cilantro garnish.
* Top with slices of fresh avocado if desired.
** Need a bit more on the plate? Serve with warm corn tortillas and additional salsa.