Oh my goodness! You must try this recipe, you’ll be hooked. Its super simple, tastes lovely, and you can’t screw it up! Serves 6, but leftovers are just as delicious.
- 8-10 small dinner rolls (stale ok)
- 3 eggs beaten well
- 1 cup ready egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (any white cheese ok)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped veggies of your choice (I used broccoli, red and green peppers)
- 1/4 cup hot sausage or other meat of your choice (I browned it well, and chopped it up)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Tear the rolls into 1″ pieces and spread them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light gold in color and crispy texture.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and set aside.
- Chop veggies and par cook them in a sauté pan with the olive oil, remove and set aside.
- Pan cook the meat of your choice until browned and slightly crispy. Chop.
- Remove bread and bring to room temperature.
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl and toss until the liquids are spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated 375 oven for about 25 minutes or until top looks crispy.