Looking for a fun recipe to change things up a bit on your kitchen table? Check this out! Serves 2.
- 2 veggie burgers of your choice (our fave is Morning Star Grillers Original)
- 2 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 2 portabella mushrooms (cleaned and stems removed)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 small red pepper (cut in half with seeds removed)
- Microwave veggie patty according to instructions.
- Heat oil on grill pan over medium heat.
- Arrange mushroom tops and peppers and onions on grill and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Flip peppers, onions, and mushrooms, place cheese on burgers (heat for 15 seconds more to melt cheese).
- Once veggies are cooked through, plate peppers, top with burger, place grilled portabella on top.
- Serve with condiments of your choice and of course a knife and fork!
* Add an extra patty for hungry guys!