Quick and simple bistro style calamari! The chopped banana peppers add just the right touch of tang! Must try! Serves 4!
- 1/2 lb. cleaned and cut squid rings and tentacles
- deep fryer with veggie oil or deep pan with 2-3 cups veg. oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped banana peppers
- fresh lemon wedges
- Heat oil.
- Coat squid with flour, salt, cayenne.
- Drop small batches in oil and cook until golden.
- Remove from oil and set aside on a stack of paper towels.
- Once finished cooking calamari, add chopped banana peppers and serve with spicy aioli sauce or garlic mayo and garnish with lemon wedges.
*See sauce section or search for aioli in the search bar.