Vodka sauce is one of my guilty pleasures. It goes great with any pasta! Here’s a tip! Try using this simple vodka sauce with your favorite lasagna recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 white onion and one garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 pint heavy cream (yeah, not the healthiest sauce, but oh what a treat!)
- Sautee onion and garlic with butter over medium heat in sauce pan (2 minutes).
- Add crushed tomatoes and vodka (cook for 10 minutes).
- Add cream and stir until sauce thickens, reduce to low and cook for additional 5 minutes.
*If you have a little fresh basil, toss in a bit just before serving.