Summer grilling at its best! Serves 4.
6 mesquite wood chips
3 lb. rack of beef short ribs
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. yellow mustard
2 tsp. sea salt
- Soak wood chips according to package instructions.
- Place ribs in a pot of boiling water and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain ribs and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, and mustard over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat grill to low heat.
- Drain wood chips and place on grill (according to package instructions).
- Grill ribs with indirect heat.
- Brush ribs with sauce every few minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve!