super moist chicken recipe! The bacon is wrapped around during cooking and removed in the final steps.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- paprika to taste
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups beef broth (low sodium)
- cooking string
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Rub butter over the entire chicken.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place the carrots inside the cavity, and tie the legs together with cooking string.
- Place the chicken breast side up in a roasting pan.
- Lay bacon strips across the top of the chicken, and secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Pour the beef broth right into the bottom of the pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, the reduce the heat to 350F.
- Baste with some of the broth.
- Continue to roast for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature is 180 F.
- Baste every 15 minutes with the broth.
- Remove the bacon and discard toothpicks. Roast the chicken for 15 more minutes to brown the skin.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Chop up bacon and crumple on top.