This coleslaw recipe is meant to accompany our buffalo shrimp
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 medium head green cabbage
- 3 medium shallots, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Slice each celery stalk in half, then slice celery very thinly on a bias at a slight angle; you should have about 3 cups.
- Cut carrots into halves or thirds depending on their length, square off the sides, and then cut them into matchstick-size pieces.
- Remove the core from the head of cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage in half again lengthwise.
- Slice cabbage pieces very thinly crosswise.
- Combine celery, carrots, cabbage, and shallots in a very large glass mixing bowl or pot, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine vinegar, mayonnaise, and blue cheese, and mix well.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add dressing to vegetables, and mix until evenly coated.
- Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.