How to make a butternut squash soup from scratch! Simple recipe!
- 6 tbsp. white onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 4 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or lite cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine for a few minutes.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat again. No need to boil this time.