cheesy, gooey, crispy, meatballs.
- 2 lbs. sweet Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs (Italian style)
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- fresh mozzarella, diced in small cubes that will fit inside of the meatball
- Set cheese aside.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Grab a deep baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spoon 1 inch balls of mixture, and place them on the baking sheet. Don’t roll them into balls yet, you’ll do it later.
- Once you’ve spooned the rest of the meat mixture, grab a piece of cheese and basically mold the sausage mix around it.
- Place back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and rotate the meatball with a pair of tongs.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the meatball is cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Remove and serve with a toothpick and dipping sauce of your choice. I used marinara.