1 dish dinner! You can make this a day or two in advance if you have a busy schedule!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into small strips
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 sleeve crackers (such as Ritz®), broken down to crumbs
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) container of light sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen mixed pepper slices
- Saute the chicken with a little oil over medium.
- Remove once cooked through and shred with a fork.
- Preheat an oven to 350F.
- Combine the butter, crackers, and poppy seeds in a bowl; set aside.
- Blend the sour cream and cream of chicken soup in a bowl; pour half of the soup mixture into the baking dish.
- Add the shredded chicken and frozen mixed peppers, then pour the remaining half of the soup mixture on top. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, then top with the cracker mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.