Easy chicken cordon bleu recipe that’s ready in under an hour!
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 12 slices of smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 12 Swiss cheese slices, thinly sliced
- honey mustard dressing, topping
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken; set aside.
- Combine seasoned crouton crumbs and parmesan cheese in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Whisk together egg whites and water in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and drain.
- Place 1 breast half in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove and transfer to a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Top each breast half with 2 ham slices and 2 cheese slices.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with honey mustard dressing drizzled on top lightly.