Chicken Marsala is so full of flavors and a great way to jazz up a chicken breast!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (your choice)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat.
- Saute the chicken until lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry.
- Cover skillet and simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.