The hip way to make rice pudding! Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 5 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean stem, cut lengthwise down the middle
- 1 zested lemon
- 1 tbsp. hot chocolate mix.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Toss in the arborio rice.
- Pour milk over the top.
- Give it a good stir and add the vanilla bean.
- Zest the lemon over the mixture, and add the sugar and lemon juice stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer covered for 30-35 minutes.
- Discard the vanilla bean stem, stir in cocoa mix and chocolate chips.
- Stir gently until completely melted and creamy.
- Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.