How to make cornbread from scratch!
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and sugar until creamy texture.
- Combine the milk, water and eggs.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Combine. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Bake at 400F for approx *25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares; serve warm with sweet whipped butter.