These little wontons are packed full of yummy goodness! If you like our avocado eggrolls, you’ll treasure this award winning recipe from Chris & Amy at A Couple in the Kitchen! Thanks, guys! Serves 4-6 as an appetizer.
for the wontons:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 ounces cooked crab meat
- 1 package wonton wrappers
for the dipping sauce:
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tablespoon sweetened lime juice
- salt to taste
- peanut oil for frying
- After dicing the avocado, sprinkle it with lemon juice to avoid browning.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado, herbs, salt and white pepper.
- Fold in the crab meat and mix well.
- One by one, lay out a wonton wrapper and place a teaspoon of the mixture in the center.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper with water and fold into desired shape.
- Cover with a damp dishcloth to avoid drying.
- To make the dipping sauce, chop the tomato in a food processor.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato and tomato juices with the sour cream.
- Add the sweetened lime juice and salt to taste.
- Set aside in refrigerator to chill.
- To fry the wontons, fill a deep skillet with peanut oil, enough to cover the wontons when they are put in. Heat the oil over medium-high heat for several minutes.
- Deep fry in batches of five or six until they become golden brown.
- Remove with a mesh frying skimmer and set aside on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
- Serve the hot wontons with the cool dipping sauce.