Yummy alternative to the typical red salsa. This green salsa recipe has a nice little kick!
- 12 whole tomatillos, husked
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatillos in a nonreactive saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Simmer until tomatillos soften and begin to burst, about 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatillos and place in a food processor with onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Serve with loads of chips!