How to make meatloaf from scratch! Yum!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup , and (1/4 cup to spread on top too)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/2 cup ketchup, salt, pepper, red pepper, eggs, bread crumbs, onion and mustard until well mixed.
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with foil.
- Press meat mixture into pan.
- Mix the brown sugar and ketchup reserve and spread across the top of the meatloaf.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Drain off fat.
- Cook five minutes uncovered.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.