What’s more fun than a summer lobster boil?! Break out the biggest pot you’ve got!
- 3 gallons water
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 4 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 fresh live lobsters
- Pour the water into a large pot and add the garlic, lemons, and salt.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Toss the lobsters in and boil for 20-25 minutes depending on how large they are. I’d say 20 minutes per pound and then 5 minutes per additional pound.
- They will turn a very bright color.
- Remove the lobsters from the pot, and place in a colander.
- Give a quick rinse with cold water.
- Serve with drawn butter or garlic butter!