Thanks to our Featured Foodie, Savour the Senses, here’s a delicious, tangy, pork chop recipe that’s a must try!
- 4 pork chops
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cups lime juice
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thinly)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- In a large, sealable container, mix 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice and pork. Let marinate, refrigerated, for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Dry the pork chops and coat with the spice mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat and sear each side of the pork chops (about 1 minute per side).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the onion and garlic and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add the 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice and white wine. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the liquid is reduced, slightly thickened and the chops are cooked through (about 5-10 minutes).
- Remove the pork from the pan and cover to keep warm. Reduce the liquid again by half, then pour over the pork before serving.
This recipe brought to you by:
Savour the Senses Blog