Flavorful French salad with loads of fresh ingredients. Also works as a Nicoise Platter if you skip mixing steps.
- 1/2 pound potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pitted nicoise olives (or kalamata)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) fresh grilled tuna, grilled salmon filet, or even chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans – rinsed, trimmed and blanched
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup lemon vinaigrette
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- tomatoes, thinly sliced or tossed cherry (as many or as few as you like)
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 4 anchovy filets
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the potatoes.
- Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parsley, olives, onion, tuna and green beans.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- In large bowl, toss greens with vinaigrette and top with chilled potato mixture.
- Garnish with eggs, tomatoes, capers and anchovies.
- You can arrange as more of a platter if you wish. This way everyone can design their own version.