Here’s a quick and easy fried shrimp recipe that goes great with a teriyaki dipping sauce.
- 1 lb. medium shrimp tails, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil for fryin
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and paprika and give it a little stir.
- Place eggs and panko crumbs into separate bowls.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- One at a time, dip each shrimp into the flour mixture, then the egg and lastly the panko crumbs for the top coat.
- Fry a few at a time until golden brown all around.
- This should take no longer than 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels before serving.