There’s nothing like homemade pumpkin pie!
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)
- whipped cream for garnish
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add evaporated milk, water, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until center is set.