Simple pumpkin soup recipe perfect for those chilly days and nights in the fall! Also works well for Thanksgiving soup!
- 2-3 slices of precooked bacon, chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (29-oz) can of pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients (sour cream later) in a medium sauce pan and heat over medium.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollup of sour cream on top!