Guys, here’s a simple dinner idea that will impress the ladies. Asparagus goes well on the side of this. Serves 2.
- 2 salmon fillets (about 6 oz. each)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup onion (red or yellow), finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 packet Bearnaise sauce mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place your salmon fillets in a shallow baking pan. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Cook salmon for about 17-20 minutes, or until cooked through and flakes easily.
- In saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. butter and add your onions. Cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in Bearnaise sauce mix and remaining butter and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat a bit and continue to stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve the salmon topped with a healthy portion of Bearnaise sauce and enjoy!