Yummy sandwich topping, over rice, or addition to a salad.
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke flavoring
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (4-5 pound) boneless chuck roast
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately 1 hour.