Such a hearty soup! Makes about 8 cups!
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
- 1 package taco seasoning or see taco seasoning recipe
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese, topping
- sour cream, garnish
- crushed tortilla chips, garnish
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning, and stir.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup.
- Shred with a fork.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.