If you like banana bread, than you’ll love this fall time twist!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 cups beer of your choice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl cream the brown sugar, banana, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together 3 cups flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Blend the flour mixture and beer into the creamed mixture.
- Toss the walnuts with the remaining flour.
- Stir in the dates and ginger to the mixture and blend well.
- Pour into two greased 9×5 loaf pans.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.