These pastries taste and look equally amazing. 12 pieces.
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 cups total, sliced strawberries and bananas
- a few tbsp. granulated sugar
- Lemon glaze:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold the pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut the pastry sheet into circles or cut them free hand with a knife.
- Place half of the circles onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Take some of your fruit, and top each circle with the fruit and a pinch of sugar.
- Place another pastry circle on top of the fruit, and use a fork to crimp and seal the edges.
- Use the fork to puncture the top of the pastry to allow for breathing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Using a pastry brush, gently brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake them for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together the lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar.
- Once they cool, drizzle with the glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!