Calling all calamari lovers! This calamari recipe rocks!
- 1 pound cleaned squid
- 2 cups (with liquids added) of your favorite tempura batter
- oil for frying
- deep fryer
- Cut the tentacle pieces off first.
- Slice up the squid tubes into rings to desired thickness (1/2″ is great).
- Preheat the deep fryer.
- Prepare batter according to packaging instructions.
- Dip the rings and tentacles in batter and gently toss in the hot oil.
- It should only take a few minutes to reach a pretty golden color and crisp exterior.
- Sample one.
- Serve with cocktail sauce, garlic aioli, or an asian dipping sauce.