How to make turkey sausage patties from scratch! Yummy breakfast sausage recipe, good replacement for meatballs too!
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fennel, ground
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil over low for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove onion mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the meat, fennel, salt, pepper, and onion mixture.
- Divide into equal sized portions (6-8 sausage patties)
- Return the pan with olive oil to medium heat.
- Place the sausages in pan and brown/crisp each side until cooked through.
- Place on a layer of paper towels to remove excess oil.