nothin’ like a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup to soothe the soul!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ cup fresh parsley. chopped
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt, optional
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 4 chicken thighs, sauteed in oil/salt and pepper, shredded
- Combine olive oil, onion, celery and carrots in a large pot (big enough to add water later).
- Sautee over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add water.
- Add bullion and other spices and whisk until dissolved.
- Stir occasionally until water reaches a boil.
- Reduce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and add shredded chicken, parsley and cooked pasta, just before serving.