Trader Joes has the best version of this soup, but here’s my version of it.
- 3 red peppers, pricked with a fork in a few places
- 6 roma tomatoes, pricked with a fork in a few places
- heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves or 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 cups water
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Line a deep baking sheet with foil and spray a thin layer of olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes and red pepper (whole) on top.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside until brought down to room temperature.
- Puree the tomatoes, basil, and peppers until they are a smooth texture.
- Saute with some olive oil over medium heat until boiling point.
- Stir in heavy cream, and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.