learn how to make a garlic enhanced side dish of grits!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 cups grits
- 1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 4-quart casserole dish.
- Boil the broth, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic in a saucepan.
- Stir in the grits gently until combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the grits are thick, should take about 10 minutes.
- Toss in the cheddar/mozz and mike, stir for a few minutes..
- Stir in the eggs (slowly, so the egg doesn’t cook before its mixed well) and butter, stirring until all are combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the parmasan and bake for 40 minutes.