I was inspired to make a cake, but I didn’t have all of the ingredients, so I created this great lite cake recipe for fall!
Simple Spiced Cake [not so sweet]
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 5 ginger cookies, ground up
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup Life cereal ground
- 1 cup milk (I used non fat)
- 3 tbsp. half and half
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Whisk the egg, milk, half and half.
- Mix in the sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and ground ginger cookies.
- Combine the ground Life cereal with butter and brown sugar and set aside. This will be the topping.
- Grease a 9x9 glass baking dish
- Pour in mixture, sprinkle with cereal topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.