I made this wonderful semi homemade sauce with a few things I wanted to get rid of.
Creamy Marinara Sauce
Recipe type: Sauce
- ½ cup cream cheese ( I had whipped cream cheese)
- 1 cup cream
- 1-1½ cup marinara sauce (I had some leftover)
- ¼ cup parmasan or any white or orange cheese, really
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Saute the onions in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Toss in the salt and marinara.
- Bring to a light simmer.
- Stir in the cheeses, and cream.
- Return to a light simmer and cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and set aside for a few minutes.
- Toss or drizzle over your favorite pasta.