Thai soup at it’s best! Curry, coconut, lemon grass, shrimp and tofu…Yum.
Lemon Grass Soup
Recipe type: Side Dish, Appetizer, Entree, Dinner
One of my favorite soups on the planet!
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- ½ package extra firm tofu, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 12 fresh shrimps, cleaned, and de-veined
- 1 tbsp. veggie oil
- 4 cups fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. cilantro for garnish
- In a large sauce pan saute the garlic, and shrimp with oil, lime juice, and sugar.
- Cook for a few minutes or until the shrimps turn pink in color.
- Toss in the lemon grass, chicken stock, and coconut milk and give it a good stir.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add the tofu a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve!