Sticky cola chicken wings! Very popular in China and trending in the states!
Coca Cola Chicken Wings
Recipe type: Appetizer
This would make a cool Super Bowl Recipe!
- 2 dozen chicken wings (party wings style)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 can of Coke
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- oil for frying (veggie or canola oil works great)
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels.
- Deep fry (according to your deep fryer settings for chicken). Ours took approximately 7 minutes for each ½ dozen batch.
- Set the chicken wings aside until sauce mixture is ready.
- Add a tbsp. or two of oil to a frying pan, stir in the Sriracha sauce, minced garlic and ginger and heat until fragrant (approximately 2-3 minutes on medium).
- Pour in the cola, soy sauce, and bring to a light boil.
- Mix in the chicken wings and lower heat. Fold the chicken in the sauce until covered.
- Simmer in the sauce for about 15 minutes. The sauce should have reduced.
- Remove from heat and serve with plenty of napkins!