Hot mulled cider with a splash of spiced rum, served with a cinnamon stick and lemon peel!
Hot Spiked Apple Cider
Author: Meredith Fuller
Recipe type: Cocktail, Drink
An after dinner drink that's perfect for the holiday season!
- 1 gallon fresh/pure apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. cloves
- about 2 cups spiced rum (I use Captain Morgan)
- Lemon peels and cinnamon sticks for garnish, optional
- In a large pot or slow cooker, add all ingredients except for the alcohol and garnishing items.
- Cook on low for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Strain the cider.
- Fill up mugs with cider and top it off with a bit of rum (to your preference)