Thank you, Lauren, from healthy-delicious.com for this Valentine’s Day treat! Stock up on this simple homemade candy…it can be kept in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
- 1 bag (6 ounces) good quality Bittersweet Baking Chips (I used Scharffen Berger 70%)
- ¼ cup Candied Ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Shaved Coconut
- 2 ounces Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- Line a sheet pan with either a a silpat or a 9×11 piece of parchment paper sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Create a double boiler by setting a bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir until fully melted.
- Working quickly, spread the chocolate in a ¼-inch layer over the prepared baking pan. Scatter the ginger, coconut, and macadamia nuts evenly over the chocolate – be careful not to leave any big gaps!
- Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge for 1 hour to allow the chocolate to set. Once the chocolate is firm, use your hands or a sharp knife to break the bark into roughly shaped pieces.