Snickerdoodle cupcakes! Oh my! Thanks to Savour The Senses Blog for
being the master-mind behind this sweet deliciousness!
Recipe type: dessert
- 18 miniature snickerdoodle cookies
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup milk
- buttercream frosting (see here)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. If using cupcake wrappers, fill cupcake trays with 18 liners.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar at a medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixer bowl one at a time until well combined.
- Add ⅓ of the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl, then alternate with half the milk, repeating until all of the milk and dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon the batter in to the cupcake tray (I like to use an ice cream scoop) until each is ¾ full.
- Bake at 350F until cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove the cupcakes from the trays and let cool before frosting.
- Garnish with one miniature snickerdoodle before serving.