Croque-Monsieur, FOR SURE! Try this French recipe brought to you by Teenytinykitchen.com! It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s delicious.
Recipe type: Brunch
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of dijon
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 english muffins, halved
- 4 slices of black forest ham
- 4 slices of swiss or gruyere cheese, diced
- Lightly toast the english muffins until just brown.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and then add the flour. Stir well for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, bay leaf, dijon and pepper then bring to a simmer. Stir constantly until the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lay the english muffins face up in a baking dish. Layer the ham on the muffins and spoon about a quarter cup of the sauce on each. Divide the cheese between the muffins.
- Broil until brown, about 3 minutes.